As a leading fashion lifestyle retailer we wanted to create a CSI project that has a dual purpose; utilises TFG’s existing resources and benefits disaster affected communities.
On our journey we found that TFG’s manufacturing arm, Prestige Clothing, was the perfect partner. They train previously unemployed individuals to make blankets which are then donated to disaster affected communities.
In this way we are able to put together an internal project team to successfully do what we do best – produce quality merchandise while doing good.
To date, we have produced 20 000 blankets and plan to produce another 40 000 in the next year!
We have selected partners and will work with them to provide funding over a long period ensuring that our funding makes a significant impact on the organisation and the people who benefit from them.
As a result our funding has been allocated for the next 3 years to the following NGO's:
Buhle Farmer's Academy
- Buhle Farmer's Academy enables new and emerging farmers to establish themselves in viable farming businesses in order to promote sustainable economic development.
- MES is a platform for job rehabilitation, where individuals are are part of a developmental process that aims towards skills development and job placement.
- Etafeni Day Care Centre runs 12 different programmes that takes into account the needs of vulnerable children, the needs of those who care for them, and the needs of the community, who will, of neccessity, be their safety net.
We have partnered with FEDISA, on a unique 3-year bursary programme: YOUR FASHION FUTURE.
This bursary is unique in that it aims to develop empowered fashion professionals who can take fashion from 'concept to consumer', supported by a sound academic foundation in fashion.
The bursary includes:
- Fully-paid tuition
- All textbooks and design kits
- Sewing machine and Overlocker
- Clothing and room decor allowance
- Macbook and software
- Cellphone, airtime and data
- Mid-year vac work at TFG
- Coaching and support programme
- Printing and transport allowance
For more information, visit www.fedisa.co.za